Here are some interesting things that I learned about Morocco from Mr. Helmuth's presentation:
- Morocco welcomes tourism and is easily accessible.
- It is located in the upper northeast corner of Africa and is easy to reach from Spain.
- Morocco is ruled by King Muhammed VI.
- Morocco is primarily a nation of farmers.
- Morocco has had multiple capitals over the years with Rabat being its current capital.
- Rabat has a Jewish Quarter.
- Morocco is a religiously tolerant country with Muslims and Christians peacefully living together.
- Besides speaking Arabic, many Moroccans also speak French.
- Muslim women in Morocco do not want to be photographed.
- When visiting Morocco as a tourist, always be careful to drink bottled water.
- A camel with one hump is called a Dromedary and is from Arabia.
- A camel with two humps is called a Bactrian and is from Northern Iran.
- Yves Saint Laurent, the fashion designer, is buried in Marrakesh.
For more information about Bill Helmuth's travels, please visit his website: www.billhelmuthtravels.com.