Sunday, October 21, 2012

Who Has The Top Transportation Systems?

  After seeing how many people used the Metra train to get to the Ryder Cup in Medinah, Illinois this past September, I started to think about all the times I've used public transportation in other cities around the world.  In Madrid, we took the metro to get to a bullfight.  In Munich, we took the S-Bahn to get to the Hofbrauhaus.  I've taken a train from Saint Raphael, France to Italy and then from Italy to Monaco and back to Saint Raphael.  I can not ever recall having issues with the public transportation that I have taken so far.  I think Chicago public transportation is about average.  Some days I get to and from work without an issue but other days train delays really work my patience.
  So what cities have the best transportation systems?  Here's what a little internet research turned up:

CNN provided a list of cities on May 3, 2012:

 10.  Coppenhagen, Denmark
  9.   Singapore
  8.   London, England
  7.  Sao Paulo, Brazil
  6.  Paris, France
  5.  Montreal, Canada
  4.  Madrid, Spain
  3.  New York City, U.S.
  2.  Tokyo, Japan
  1.  Guangzhou, China



 Below is a photo we shot from the Cathedral overlooking the train system in Cologne, Germany.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave Questions and Comments!